Thursday, February 21, 2008

(Not a lot of) Reading Week

This is the final reading week of my undergraduate career, and in spectacular fashion I have managed to avoid reading (and work in general) of all sorts. This is pretty much how I've spent the previous four reading weeks. Instead of work, I've managed to meet up with different people on different days for lunch, dinner, movies, playing pool, and anything else of the sort. Anything but schoolwork. So rather than get to work on the final chapter of my thesis - which needs to get done at some point in time - I've decided to finally create a new blog. I tried the blog thing a couple of years ago, without much success, but felt the need to start a new one now. I think one of the main reasons for starting up again is so that I have a forum to return to my creative expressions. I keep saying I have a novel I want to write or a short film I want to create, but I always feel like schooling inhibits my ability to be creative (oh cruel academy). So while this may not seem like a wise thing to be starting while I have 25 pages of writing needing to be done in just over a week, I'm hoping that this is an act of foresight that will allow me to return to my creative ways. I have no idea what this blog will turn into, but a step forward in any direction is better than standing still.

I should be reading this book a whole lot more than I have been. Instead I'm finishing up my Inter-Varsity application and starting a new blog. Tomorrow will be my thesis-work day, and I've got a good friend named Chianti who might be helping me along the way!

Three cheers for reading weeks, and the inability to use them for reading.
Hip-Hip-Huet!

No comments: