Sunday, July 26, 2009

Where have you been all my life? Part 1

And by that, I mean...

You might be wondering about where I've been recently. July has been a quiet month on the blog front; however, the month has been extremely busy and exciting!

I spent close to a week in Newfoundland at a friend's wedding, and the spent a couple of days travelling around the island. Great province!

I flew in and got my hotel room at 2am on a Friday morning, and within 7 hours was on my way up Gros Morne Mountain. I have now climbed 2 mountains in my life: Grouse Mountain in B.C., and Gros Morne Mountain in Newfoundland. The wedding the next day was fun to film (my weekend occupation), and the week after was filled with tons of sight seeing around the province.

Some of the highlights:

Having the captain of the whale/iceberg sighting ship get scared by the humpback whale that surfaced beside us.

Getting my picture taken with an iceberg that looks like it's flipping the bird.

Exploring my Viking side.

Exploring modes of Viking communication.

Finding the small town where I'm going to hide one day and write my great Canadian novel.

All in all, it was a fantastic-though-brief vacation, and I can only hope I get to go back and explore the province even more some day soon. I flew home to Toronto and was in my home at 10:30pm Wednesday night, started laundry, went to sleep at midnight, woke up at 7am, had a breakfast meeting at 8am, then finished laundry and packed my bags and left for Ontario Pioneer Camp at 10:30am.

Stay tuned for the second part of my update!
Peace,
Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we also spent our vacations in travelling and go to the places that we have never visited before. We usually go that area like waterfalls, lake and hills.

bus from new york to winston-salem