Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This is a long process...

I'm still in the midst of completing the application process for becoming a staff worker with IVCF, and I think I know why these types of processes are so long. It's because you're able to see yourself in a new light, and what character traits need to be developed a bit more, throughout the entire process. For example, I'm looking back on the paper aspect of the application and realizing that I am in dire need of improving my diligence towards simple tasks. Simple tasks are actually very difficult tasks in my world, because the simplicity of it all often goes to my head, and an "I'll get around to it," attitude shows up far too often. Reflecting upon how I've made this process longer than it should be, I'm grateful to now see certain areas in my life that need improvement.

If anyone thinks a job like this is all about mentoring, discipling, and caring for others, they'd be missing a really key part. It's also about my own discipleship.
I'm really glad having it all figured out is not a part of the job description. Seriously, more and more each day I'm convinced salvation is a journey...

No comments: