Monday, May 24, 2010

108; Fin; The End


In the earliest moments of reflection on the episode, I was hesitantly okay - perhaps all right - with the outcome. It was not what I had expected, and yet was exactly what I had expected. In my desire to get out of the finale, and essentially the show itself, what I wanted out of it, I found it difficult to let go. Now, with more space to reflect upon what happened over the past six years, I think I am coming to a place of actually letting go. Of appropriate acquiesce. And fittingly, I am finding the finale to be more and more poignant and brilliant. This was not just some show. For those with eyes and ears that could perceive beyond first sense, it was something far more significant. When you can sit at a kitchen table the morning afterwards, having a meaningful conversation about what worked, what did not work, what this story meant to us, the nature of a parable, the sacred experienced on the screen of the profane - then you know that this was something beyond just a serialized television show.

No comments: